Data management is an essential element of any large scale effective sheep farming or breeding program. We can help you with the following and more:
- Sheep genetics analysis and logging
- Sheep genome reviews and planning
- Interpret and develop sheep breeding decisions
- Provide assistance in organising and entering data into sheep systems
- Assistance with Excel to collect large quantities of data and adapt this data into breeding programs for evaluation
- Assistance for both commercial and stud breeders in determining the performance of individual animals within their flock
- Programs to make best use of all available data and performance records to ensure effective breeding programs
If you are planning to implement new data management systems consider the following:
- Ease of generating suitable reports
- How are you going to use the information
- Will you use the information
- Is the program formatted to suit your information
The opportunities that are available for farmers to use new and innovative technologies to improve their operations are both exciting and, at times, daunting. There are many options available to producers, with an enormous range of equipment and software packages on offer. ref: Agriculture Victoria.
We can support you in the uptake of electronic identification and semi-automated measurement systems.